Weight loss pills, sometimes referred to as diet pills or anti-obesity drugs, are medications that may be prescribed as an additional tool for treatment of weight loss. These pills, however, may not cure the problem of obesity on their own and therefore one also needs take a healthy diet and follow a regular exercise program.
Using weight loss pills
When you combine diet pills with a low-calorie diet & regular exercise, you can get an average weight loss of between 5 to 10 percent of your total body weight in a year, a typical weight-loss goal. The medications are responsible for part of this weight loss and diet and exercise are responsible for the other part. To achieve this, it is important to follow your doctor’s instructions for taking the medications.
Benefits of weight loss pills
- Improved cardiovascular health: Obese people are typically at higher risk of cardiovascular diseases like heart attack as the heart has to work hard to pump blood. When you take weight loss pills, your heart health can improve since they’ll help you lose weight, in turn reducing the stress placed on your heart.
- Increased body energy: Weight loss pills can help increase energy which leads to faster weight loss, greater productivity and even less depression.
- Antioxidant effect: These pills will slow down the oxidation of cells which is responsible for increased signs of aging. Consequently, the process of aging is slowed and there is significant improvement in your overall health.
- Suppresses appetite: Diet pills have appetite suppressing abilities and will therefore make you feel full faster. This in turn helps curb any cravings; they make it easier to avoid foods that may contribute to weight gain or excess food that the body doesn’t need.
- Breaks down fat: Apart from stopping you from feeling hungry more often, these medications also help break down the existing body fat. This means that you can lose fat even when sitting at the office.
- Lower acid alkali levels: Obese people normally have high acid alkali levels, which can bring about a host of health issues. The medications help eliminate the unwanted acid from the body, which in turn improves your overall health.
Pros of weight loss pills
- Effective in weight loss: When you take the pills, you can lose between 5 – 22 more pounds than if you didn’t take them. Taking weight loss pills will also reduce the risks that come with being overweight.
- Improved health: The reduction in body weight (despite being relatively modest) can lower your blood pressure, lower your blood sugar levels, lower blood cholesterol levels and increase sensitivity to insulin.
- Some weight-loss medications can also benefit certain people who have been unsuccessful in losing weight through low calorie diet intake and exercise.
Cons of weight loss pills
- Not for everyone: Certain weight loss medications may pose serious risks for people who have heart disease, hypertension or hyperthyroidism. They may worsen the condition or cause other complications.
- Risk of addiction: Like other prescribed medications, one could become addicted to diet pills which may bring other health issues.
- Likelihood of regaining weight: When you stop taking diet pills, you may regain much of the weight you lost.
Tips For Weight Loss Pills
Many people hate their weight and do anything to cut it back by using available pills sold by different manufacturer. However, one mistake people do that makes these pills ineffective involves using such medications wrongly without getting instructions correct. Here are some tips to use weight loss pills correctly.
- Clearance from a doctor – Before swallowing any weight loss pill, take time to visit your physician. Explain the need to use weight loss pills. The physician examines your body by checking on the actual weight, pulse rates and blood pressure. A person in good health should get a go ahead to start taking weight loss pills. Communicate with your doctor about the type of pill to take. Get their opinions correct since they might have negative effects on your body.
- Read about impacts it has – Every weight loss pill sold in the market has its impact and wok at different rates. Take time to carry out research on adjustments and impact the pills have on your body structure. This is an important consideration that prepares one emotionally and psychologically. Pills sold forces one to lose appetite, increase metabolism rates or ban fats. The above methods give the basic platform for weight loss pills. If you happen to experience loss of appetite after taking them, then you should not be alarmed as this is their working principle.
- Follow instruction – In order to succeed in your weight loss plan, read and follow instructions directed by manufacturers. These instructions include the number of pills taken each session daily. Avoid instances where you take less or more to achieve fast results. Note the interval given by manufacturers. Read labels that contain the type of food taken and what to avoid. These special instructions must be followed to achieve desired results. Failure to take instructions might lead to ineffective results or pose other health complications.
- Take water – Patients undergoing loss weight plans must take enough water to hydrate the body. Many weight loss pills make your body lose water through urination and sweat. This causes dehydration that leads to other problems. When using weight loss pills, be sure to hydrate your body as recommended by physicians.
- Go herbal – Today, many loss weight pills sold in the market are synthetic. Though they work well, most of them have side effects. Physicians recommend patients to use herbal weight loss pills that have natural elements with fewer side effects in your body. The natural components work well to reduce body fats without having adverse effects. Going natural with weight loss pills is beneficial than using synthetic pills.
- A well balanced diet – Although the aim of using weight loss pills is to reduce body mass, include a well balanced diet plan in your meals. Pay attention to foods eaten daily and take the proper amount from every source. Control each portion taken and be conscious calorie components.
Weight loss pills work well with exercises. Exercising triggers the burning of fats and helps to keep it off. Start with small exercises then increase the workouts gradually.